Tuesday, August 23, 2011

IK Brage 1-1 Jönköpings Södra July 4th 2010


It was off to Borlänge next and for the second time on the holiday to see Jönköpings Södra. This was another Superettan match and both sides going into this game were neck and neck in mid-table. However with the league being so tight a win for either would repel them up as much as four places.
I arrived up in Borlänge at around 16:00 and found my hotel with ease as the town was not as big as the other areas I had seen previously. I made my way to match at around 17:00 where I meet IK Brage fans outside the Domnarsvallen stadium.
I had met up with a fan from Jönköping who was with his friend. They had not seen any other Jönköping fans. I was dressed in my Jönköping shirt and scarf to support J-Södra as Robert Walker was playing for them. We discussed what happened in their previous away outing, which was a 3-0 loss in Sundsvall and hope that the team avoid defeat.
I met up with Robert Walker before kick-off and he seemed delighted to see me again. Speaking to him I got the feeling that he had confidence of at leats getting a point which would arrest the run of defeats they were on going into this game.
Robert made his way for the dressing rooms and I made my way to the away section of the stadium.
We must have been the only Jönköping fans in the ground and we were not far from the vocal IK Brage support either.

The game kicked off at 19:00 and for the early part it was the hosts who were on top. Brage played some nice football but were dealt a blow when Mikeal Eklund was taken off with an injury. That seemed to tip the balance of play into Jönköping's favour. Mid-way through the first half there was a goal. The goal put Jönköping in front to the delight of the three of us in the away section. However we did hear a few more cheers from the main stand so there might have been around five or six away fans in total. The goal was created from a nice exchange of one-two passing that was confidently finished by 18-year old striker Branimir Hrgota. 
Jönköping went into the break 1-0 up and delighted with their lead obviously. However IK Brage came out in the second half and attacked in search of an equiliser. The goal was coming and it duly arrived shortly after the break. A cross from the right wing was met with a Johan Persson header. The game had chances after that but none that really forced any saves from either of the goalkeepers. In the end the reuslt was proberly justice, but not what either wanted. The draw did end Jönköping's run of defeats while IK Brage will look at two points dropped given they were at home.
Afterwards I made my way back to the hotel and made my plans to return home to my base in Örebro.









No comments:

Post a Comment